Wednesday, July 14, 2010

SSS Quilt I

I finished putting together my SSS I quilt top. It is lovely! Thank you so much, everyone! All your blocks turned out amazing!































I'll post a picture of it when it's complete. It's the perfect lap quilt for cozy nights on the couch. I'm thinking of hand quilting it? Any ideas? What about ideas on what color binding to use?

Also, I have a lot more scraps left over than I anticipated...I am never going to use them all so I offered them all up to you on our Flickr group, but just in case not everyone checks that...do any of you want some scraps from this quilt? They're all usable. If more than one of you wants them, I will split them up. Just let me know! I'll give you until next week to let me know and then I'll ship them out to whoever wants them. :)

Thanks again ladies! I love this quilt and will treasure it for many, many years to come.

7 comments:

Zonnah said...

How about a scrappy binding?

Lula Dahl said...

I thought about that, but I was worried it would make it look too much like a rainbow quilt. I think I want to go with a solid binding as I use a scrappy binding a LOT anyway. maybe a green one to make it blend in to the border a bit?

Kris said...

It looks great! I think a yellow binding could look great, or what about white?

Lula Dahl said...

I was thinking yellow too...I guess I'll have to have try-outs. ;)

Septiembre said...

Hi Robin:
A top happy, fun and very colorful. I love it.
Greetings.

Michelle said...

Oh I'd love to learn quilting. I've been saying that since I was 25. I'm now well over 25 so I don't think I'll ever do it LOL!

Kristen said...

This is a gorgeous top! I love the pinwheels resting inside these color blocks!