Saturday, June 26, 2010

Film and Thread

Anne from Film and Thread asked us to make a block with the theme of maps. She said it could be loosely interpreted. My first idea was to do a treasure map but that was quickly vetoed when I thought of this block which plays of her blog title.



Everything but the border was hand stitched because to me inset seems are easyier to make by hand then on the machine.





The block went together smoothly until I got to the end I realized that I made it too big and that adding a 1.5 inch border would make it bigger than asked for. I emailed Anne and she was very nice and said it would be ok. Then when I went to add the borders I once again made a math error and made the border to small! This whole fiasco sums up this month for me. Oh well, in the end I love it. It is so fun imagining something in your head and seeing it come to life.

2 comments:

Anne at Film and Thread said...

I am so amazed and awed by this! Words can't say how much I LOVE it!

Hermione J. Schwartz said...

Wow! That is awesome! Such an interesting take on the map theme. =]